Are you in love with the food served at the Jack in the Box location near you and can’t get enough of it, or do you have something critical to say in the JackListens guest satisfaction survey that is being held at www.jacklistens.com right now? Here’s how you can help join the crusade and help Jack in the Box improve customer satisfaction with your suggestions, and in return, get rewarded with free food items off the menu!
“A happy customer is a repeat customer” is the basis on which the market runs, and the customer satisfaction rate is everything when it comes to the food and service industry. Jack in the Box has been in the business of catering to millions of customers long enough to understand how important it is to connect to the customers directly. The brand wishes to listen in to what they have to say about the food menu items that are being serviced, how the service staff is treating the customers and the general dining experience in terms of satisfaction. There is no better way to gather honest and real-time feedback than through an online survey which the customers can quickly fill out to voice their opinions, and that’s what you get with the JackListens guest experience survey over at www.jacklistens.com.
Why the Jack in the Box Guest Satisfaction Survey
Back in the day when the food and service industry was not developing at a pace as rapid as it is today, finding out the opinion of consumers was simpler in ways. Physical feedback forms were given out, customers were quick to point out what they liked about the food and service, and even offered their opinion on how different elements of their dining experience could’ve been better. While the ability to record feedback physically is still a possibility for smaller restaurant businesses, larger chains of restaurants such as Jack in the Box are too widespread to keep a physical record of the feedback it receives from millions of customers that eat in at its locations across the country.
Hence the restaurant chain has made the most out of the digital age and spanned out across the internet to create the JackListens guest satisfaction survey that is being held at www.jacklistens.com, making it possible to create a centralized digital database of all of the feedback forms that customers submit online. Whether it was something about the service staff that bothered you or a meal at your nearest Jack in the Box that just did not hit the spot, there’s always something you can do about it, and the people behind the restaurant chain are eager to know your thoughts. Building a robust customer base is what keeps the ship of every restaurant business afloat, and Jack in the Box is committed to ensuring that you’re a happy customer who spreads a right word about the brand and its products.
To help you have an enjoyable dining experience the next time you visit Jack in the Box, the JackListens guest experience survey includes the sort of questions that would help the company understand what it is doing right and where it has gone wrong in fulfilling its promise to you. While the survey is short and easy to fill out with nothing more than basic questions that help the company get a better understanding, you deserve a reward for helping Jack in the Box take its customer satisfaction rating up a notch. Which is why the company is offering you free food coupons as a token of gratitude for the effort you make in filling out the survey form online.
WIN Free Food in JackListens Survey – www.JackListens.com
Are you ready to get the word out and let Jack in the Box know what your thoughts are after the last meal you had at one of its thousands of locations across the country? Here’s everything that you need to know about participating in the JackListens survey and complete it to qualify for winning the free food coupons that the company is glad to offer:
- A recent receipt from your visit to Jack in the Box is required to enter the guest survey. You can find the survey entry code printed on any of the order receipts, and you’re also eligible to enter the survey on receiving a direct invite from the company.
- The JackListens survey is online, which is why you will need to connect to a mobile device or computer to participate in it.
- You are eligible to participate in the Jack in the Box survey as long as you reside any of the 50 United States or U.S. Territories.
- Jack in the Box guest feedback survey requires you to be at least 18 years in age or older to become eligible for participation.
- You need to be able to read and write in the English or Spanish language to be eligible for participation in the Jack in the Box guest survey.
- If you participate in the Jack in the Box guest experience survey but are under the age of 18 years, your entry will be disqualified.
- If there is a clear bias noted in the survey entry that is filled with prejudice, the survey entry will be rejected.
- Jack in the Box survey restaurants offer an order receipt on the purchase, so you don’t need to make any additional purchases to increase your winning chances.
- If an attempt is made to affect the Jack in the Box guest feedback survey or tamper it, this will be considered a direct violation of criminal and civil laws.
- All of the employees of Jack in the Box restaurants, along with the members of their families are barred from participating. This includes the sponsors, affiliated brands, promotion agencies related to Jack in the Box as well.
Survey Participation Instructions:
- The entire reason behind conducting JackListens guest experience survey is to gather unbiased and honest feedback, so make sure that you put aside any unfavorable views that you may have against the brand before you take the survey.
- Head over to the website www.jacklistens.com from your computer, laptop or directly from your mobile phone.
- Right on the welcome screen of Jack in the Box guest feedback survey, you can find the instructions to the JackListens survey along with all of the links and additional content.
- Now you can click on the button below the survey page and choose to begin the JackListens guest experience survey in either English or in the Spanish language.
- Find your recent Jack in the Box order receipt which you will need to enter the required information into the survey.
- From the printed order receipt that you have from your last visit to a Jack in the Box restaurant, type the 14-Digit Survey Code from the center of your order receipt.
- When you’re ready to go ahead, press the “Arrow” button at the bottom of the screen to begin the survey.
- To increase your chances to win the Jack in the Box guest survey reward, do not leave any of the question fields empty.
- Questions that will be asked during the JackListens guest experience survey may include rating your meal choice, the friendliness of the staff that attended you, cleanliness of the Jack in the Box location that you visited and more.
- Your Jack in the Box receipt is valid for Three days only after being issued.
- The validation code for the freebies that you will receive once you have finished the entire survey is valid to use only for 30 days.
Resources & Links
Direct link to the Jack in the Box guest survey website:
Rewards and Coupon Codes offered by Jack in the Box:
About Jack in the Box
Jack in the Box is an all-American chain of fast food restaurants that are mostly structured around urban areas in the West Coast of the United States. Serving traditional American cuisine at more than 2,200 locations across the country which includes hamburgers in a wide variety of styles, cheeseburgers, chicken tenders, french fries, sandwiches and a whole lot more. Jack in the Box has also included a variety of international foods such as Mexican tacos and its famous Chinese egg rolls. Popularized in the 90s by a viral marketing campaign that featured the brand’s mascot Jack, the brand has pushed with gimmicks such as Spicy Crispy Girls and The Meaty Cheesy Boys to promote new menu items over the years.
Jack in the Box was also a pioneer in the industry of fast casual restaurants with the JBX Grill franchise that was established back in the year 2004. Moving away from the quick and easy fast food service style, to offering something more in line with other family dining restaurants such as TGI Fridays, JBX Grill offered an upbeat atmosphere to the customers, with the first restaurants opened in Bakersfield, Boise, and Nampa. However, the JBX Grill was eventually unsuccessful and hence converted into Jack in the Box restaurants by 2006. Today, Jack in the Box leads the food industry in the United States on the West Coast with “Americanized” foods which are recreated for different States. For instance, you can find the Paniolo Breakfast in Hawaii and nowhere else, just like the Sweet Tea and Biscuits are offered at locations in the Southern region.
History of Jack in the Box
Founded by Robert O. Peterson back in the year 1951 in San Diego, California, Jack in the Box was one of those ventures by the restaurateur that was a Home Run right out of the gate. A decade before the very first Jack in the Box opened its doors to customers, Robert already owned Topsy’s Drive-in during 1941 and began several more after it. While the design elements of the modern Jack in the Box restaurants were already being reflected in these drive-thru restaurants, it was the intercom ordering system developed by George Manos that helped Jack in the Box become a popular name in the food and service industry. The two-way intercom system that was put in place at the drive-thru locations operated by Jack in the Box was the first of its kind, which allowed for a better customer ordering experience and reduced the order delivery time significantly.
It was quick service that made this fast food company a success across California and the Southwest region of the United States. By the year 1970, Jack in the Box was already a buzzing name in the streets, which is when Robert sold the company to Ralston Purina Company, which is responsible for the staggering growth of the brand and leading it to impressive sales figures of $655 Million with 897 franchise locations opened within 18 years. Being situated in California has helped Jack in the Box receive plenty of attention from Hollywood as well, with Tom Hanks, Selena Gomez, and Chelsea Handler being some the most prominent celebrity fans of the fast food brand.
Over the years, Jack in the Box has managed to uphold a strong customer base not just through its viral marketing campaigns, but well-thought food menu items and a customer service that makes consumers come back for more every time. The JackListens guest satisfaction survey that is being held at www.jacklistens.com is a reflection of how committed the company is to ensure that every meal that you purchase with your hard-earned money is worth it. Since Jack in the Box owns more than 2,200 stores across the United States, the online satisfaction survey makes it convenient for the company to manage the massive inflow of feedback forms that help customers like you fill out. The best part is that you not only end up making the customer experience better for yourself and others but get rewarded with free food coupons for the time and effort you put in.
Had a fantastic dining experience at a Jack in the Box near you and want the company to know how pleased you are, or do you need to vent about the subpar staff service? You can do all of that in the JackListens guest experience survey, and we’re here to answer any questions that you may have regarding it.